ECO Design transformers
AEE is specialized in manufacturing fully custom-made and standardized ECO design transformers. This can be done in single pieces, small runs or larger runs, entirely according to your specifications. Finishing in a enclosure is also possible.
The ECO design transformers are single-phase or three-phase transformers with an extremely low no-load and high efficiency, which make them energy efficient and thus contribute to a better environment. The development of the ECO design transformers is an answer to the Ecodesign regulation 548/2014 laid down by the European Commission.
European Commission Regulation 548/2014 and the resulting legislation cover small, medium and large current transformers. This means that all new transformers, with a minimum use of 1 kVA in 50Hz electricity transmission and distribution networks and industrial applications, must meet strict minimum energy efficiency requirements from July 2015.
The AEE transformers are designed to meet the harmonised ECO design transformer standards developed by national and international standard bodies.
Advantages of an ECO design transformer:
- Lower operating costs due to the reduced losses
- Smaller voltage drop at full load thanks to the smaller internal resistance
- Can be used at higher ambient temperatures
- Lower inrush current
- Thanks to its reinforced insulation, it can also be used as a protection transformer
Characteristics of the transformer:
- Low no-load and high efficiency
- Single-phase or three-phase transformers with separate windings
- Standard frequency 50/60Hz
- Air cooled
- Insulation class E
- Protection class IP00
- Version, from EI60 to EI300 long side.
- Designed with touch-safe terminals
- Reliable and long service life