Control transformers (STU)
AEE produces control transformers, also referred to as STU-trafo, ranging from 40VA to 1600VA. The fully custom-made control transformers can be manufactured in single pieces, small runs but also in series, completely according to your specifications. Installation in a cabinet or panel integration is also possible.
A control transformer is a transformer with separate windings that supplies power for an auxiliary power chain. To power the auxiliary power chain, a control transformer is often connected between two phases of a three-phase network. The transformer allows a differing voltage in the auxiliary power chain for electronic components. The design of these transformers is in accordance with EN 61558-2-2. Our control transformers are also available with UL certification (see UL transformers for the specifications)
The control transformers are single phase with separate windings, standard 50/60 Hz, insulation class E and suitable for an ambient temperature of up to 45°C. AEE also supplies designs with a primary voltage of 400V and 690V.
All control transformers are available with a Lloyds quality mark.
Properties of the control transformers:
- Single-phase transformers with separate windings
- Standard frequency 50/60Hz
- Insulation class E
- Protection class IP00
- Version type, from EI60 to EI192 long side
- Designed with touch-safe terminals
- Reliable and long service life
Control transformers can easily be overloaded briefly by 10-15%.
Options for the control transformer:
- Additional branches
- Extra windings
- Installation in enclosures with protection rating from IP21 upwards
- Fuse protection on transformer by means of terminal fuses
- Earthing screens
- Encapsulated variants
- Print mounting / Din rail mounting
- Insulation class other than E (= standard)
- Different ambient temperature
- Different frequency range (standard 50/60 Hz)
All AEE control transformers are manufactured according to the NEN- IEC61558 standard and are CE marked. AAE transformers can also be supplied with a Lloyds quality mark, and produced according to the UL/CSA standards. Fully UL-certified control transformers are also available.